Organisers of Wetherby’s first food festival have said the event will be back with more on offer this summer.
Over 80 stalls will represent local producers and live entertainment will be lined up for the Ings over three days on July 10-12.
Julie Sowden, who organises the event, said: “After the success of last year’s Wetherby Food Festival we are opening for an additional afternoon/evening this year which should be a great way to start the weekend and one of a few changes we have made to this year’s festival.”
The first event attracted nearly 10,000 visitors to the riverside site over two days and was hailed as a huge success helping to put Wetherby on the food map and boost the local economy.
Over 100 traders signed up for the inaugural festival which also helped boost funds for local charity and organisations.
The festival came into existence as Julie believed the area could support such an event after seeing the success of highly successful Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the town.
As well as being a hit on the Ings last year, town centre businesses reported a boost in trade.
Speaking after last year’s event, Julie said: “Local businesses reported that they had been exceptionally busy and the Red Lion in Wetherby reported that it had been his busiest weekend since New Year’s Eve.”
And as soon as she brought the shutters down on the 2014 festival, Julie announced that it would be back in 2015.
Live music is to set the festival in the swing on the Friday from 4-10pm and will also feature street food the main Rudgate Brewery bar and speciality bars.
A Wimbledon tent with large screen TVs will feature during the weekend so that tennis fans will not have to miss out on the tournament finals.
Julie added: “Visitors will be spoilt for choice with what to have to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
“On stage there will be live music playing throughout the long weekend courtesy of local bands and artists as well as new Man vs Food Festival eating challenges not for the faint hearted but absolutely brilliant to watch.”