A fire on Vicarage Lane in Sherburn broke out this morning (December 10).
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue attended the scene at about 9.58am and found about 25 bags of kindling on fire.
Stacked up against the rear of the property, the kindling was about 75 per cent fire damaged.
There was also damage to a window above the fire, as well as to the adjoining fence and a window on the neighbouring property.
According to a fire and rescue spokesman, crews believe the cause is accidental.
One hose reel jet was used, in addition to a thermal image camera.