Harrogate burns survivor in Mount Everest trek

Matt Boyle (s)

Matt Boyle (s)

0
Have your say

A Harrogate-born burns survivor has taken on his biggest fundraising challenge yet by trekking all the way to the base camp of Mount Everest.

Matt Boyle, 39, a former St John Fisher High School student, was electrocuted while backpacking across Australia in 1994. He suffered 65 per cent burns, causing him to lose his ears, fingers and much of his hair.

He had to spend six months in Hospital.

 

Back to the top of the page