Eight people were injured in a gas explosion at the Great Yorkshire Showground yesterday, Monday, August 27.
The arena was busy with visitors attending the National Pony Society’s summer show.
A fire service spokesman said the incident involved an explosion in a mobile burger van.
Fire casualties were taken to hospital – two from inside the van, and three from outside. Three were later discharged but two were still receiving treatment at around 5.30pm on Monday, August 27, a fire service spokesman said.
Two 19kg propane cylinders outside the van were not damaged by the fire, and fire fighters worked to cool them down.
Crews were sent from Harrogate to put out the flames. Three ambulances were sent by the Yorkshire Ambulance Service after a call at 11.32am.
The incident is due to be revisited by a fire investigation officer, a fire service spokemsman said.