WETHERBY firefighters are urging residents to to take extra safety precautions after a small fire at a house in Wetherby last week.
The crew were called out to a house on King Meadows Close, on Wednesday January 12, at around 1pm after firefighters said a kitchen pan is believed to have caught fire.
An ambulance was also called to the scene.
An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation and minor injuries.
Bluewatch commander Richard Jenner, said: “What we would urge people to do in these circumstances is to contact the fire station immediately and not try and put out the fire themselves.
“We would also like to emphasize again the importance of not leaving pans unattended or being distracted.”
Wetherby residents are also entitled to free safety checks. To arrange this contact Wetherby Fire Station on 0113 582222.