Drakes Fish and Chip Restaurant suffers fire during Knaresborough Bed Race

Fire engine. (S)

Fire engine. (S)

0
Have your say

An electrical fault was the cause of a fire at Drakes Fish and Chip Restaurant during the Knaresborough Bed Race on Saturday (June 13)

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called out to the Silver Street restaurant at 1.33pm after reports of a fire in the kitchen.

Fire Crews from Knaresborough attended to tackle a fire at the back of the deep fat fryer.

The fire caused approximately six feet of fire damage to electric cabling, 20 per cent smoke damage to the cooking appliance and 5 per cent smoke damage to the chip.

Crews used a dry powder extinguisher to deal with the fire.