Veg heads and allotment enthusiasts gathered at the Sun Pavilions of Valley Gardens to present their weird and wonderful creations - here’s our top five.
1. Coming in at first place, based on it’s sheer size had to be the colossal cabbage.
With just one half bigger than the size of your head, this monstrous crop fought family rivalry from its close relative the cauliflower.
2. So no surprise that second in line was the crazy cauliflower, which still put up some tough competition with sizes and shapes that would never touch your supermarket shelf...
3. Third was the simple yet popular potato. Whilst this may seem like your standard starchy staple, last weekend’s event saw a variety of ‘perfect potatoes’ if ever there was one.
With displays of different varieties plated up, it was hard to miss the creamy colour and systematic similarity between them.
4. At number 4 was the magnificent and mangled marrows.
This common allotment veg was hard to miss at the show. Where some were just outright enormous and others won it for presenting themselves in the strangest of shapes.
5. Finally, last but certainly not least had to be the petite participant - the pea. With sugar snaps showing off next to shelling peas, there was a range of different types.
But it was the vast amounts of these little guys that took the cake for us. Carrier bags full of the petit pois laid out just went to show its not your size that counts...